The DNS servers complex contains the names assigned to TEI servers and the IP range assigned to TEI by the RIPE Network Coordination Center (32 class C subnets). The NOC owns the domains:
The NOC preserves the responsibility of the domain names administration.
The TEI DNS zones are supported by three (3) servers (primary and backup) which are located inside the campus. Copies of this information is held in three (3) backup servers located and administered by the General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT) and the National Centre of Scientific Research “DEMOKRITOS”
Every department or service of TEI can apply for a domain name, which will have the general form: xxx.teipir.gr or xxx.teipir.edu.gr
The application form should be filed to NOC. The NOC does not control the usage of the domain names nor the contents of the servers that correspond to these names. Therefor, the NOC cannot guarantee the quality nor the legitimacy of those contents. Proper use of the domain is the sole responsibility of the applicant. The applicant accepts the terms of proper use issued by the General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT). Indicative prohibited:
- the storage and/or advertising of pornographic material,
- the storage and/or advertising of abusive to third party material (libel, slander),
- the storage and/or advertising of commercial or advertising material,
- the storage and/or advertising of copyright theft material,
- the storage and/or advertising of material that is not consistent with the academic profile of the service.